Sometimes I have to remind myself that I have a pretty sweet deal in life... I work from home. Today I had to commute into Des Moines because my work team was having a holiday lunch, and I generally come in for those because I don't want my co-workers to forget that I exist. (Also, I always seem to need more Post-It notes.) Being in cube-world for 9 hours today has reminded me of a few things.
1. People eat donuts. I'd actually forgotten what donuts smell like... they smell terrible. Why do people eat donuts?
2. I talk to myself at home while I'm working. It's sort of a running commentary on what I happen to be working on at any given time. That isn't actually acceptable when I'm in the office, though it is on occasion hilarious.
3. My company buys really comfy chairs for its employees, holy Jesus. As a side note - I did not have such a high opinion of this chair when I worked in the office full time. Odd.
4. When working in the office, I seem to get this giddy sense of urgency and end up forgetting to take breaks and lunch, ultimately leading to me accomplishing way too much. I need to knock that off.
5. My home internet sucks.
6. Sometimes, people clip their nails at work. That's kind of gross. Ew. Do that in the bathroom or out side. Or even better, do it at home. *shudder*
7. 99.9% of Christmas movies are awful. The Grinch (the new one with Jim Carey) is really, really bad. Side note... wow, there are a lot of adult jokes in that movie. Do all "kid movies" have a ton of mature jokes in them now? Have they always? Not complaining, just puzzled.
8. I forgot how much the building shakes when airplanes fly over. It's unsettling.