|Kaylee at the line|
|Rocket at the line|
I won't bore you by going into every minute of the weekend. We had a good time, despite the following annoyances:
- a judge finding a ton of illegal product on a dog and making a big deal out of it, but still placing them ahead of the nicest dog in the class (who happened to be owner-handled.) Ahh, the smell of politics in the morning.
- the guy at the hotel who tried to hit my car with his car (presumably to show a display of masculine aggression after Kaylee scared the crap out of him when he walked too close to the back of my car) and then got out and made rude comments about our dogs.
- lack of organization and running order at the CAT, which led to me needing to crouch down and wrap my arms around Rocket's butt in an effort to prevent him from getting loose. How many people does it take to restrain a 90lb Doberman hellbent on chasing plastic bags when it's not his turn to run? Two, apparently.
- a decrease in the quantity and quality of vendors.
- the dogs keeping us up all night with their "guarding" of the hotel room. Seriously dogs, not everyone in Wichita is an axe murderer.
On a final note, here's what we fit inside the Honda Element this weekend: two humans, three Dobermans in three doberman-sized crates, three duffel bags, two large coolers, one tent, two chairs, one camera bag, one laptop bag, one reusable shopping bag, one 42" ex-pen, one flirt pole, one high velocity dryer, several gallon jugs of water, a large sunshade, six extra blankets, and other miscellaneous dog-show-related junk. We still had free space. How's that for awesome?